Fridays and Saturdays: 11am-11pm
Monday – Thursday: 4pm – 9pm
Friday: 4pm – 11pm
Saturdays: 11am – 11pm
Sundays: 11am – 9pm
SKATE PRICES (cash only)
- Adult Skate Rentals based on a 2 hour rental period – $10.00
- Child (12 and under) Skate Rentals based on a 2 hour rental period- $5.00
- Helmet rental $5.00
- Skate Sharpening $8.00
- We have sizes from Toddler 8 – Adult size 14
- We are expecting a delivery of skating aids in the next couple of weeks and they will be $10.00 for a 2 hour rental
These prices are flat rates.
As a deposit for skate rentals we accept any government official photo ID.
— Cost: $2/each (toonies only) —
The Strongbow Lounge offers hot and cold drinks.
FOOD + DRINK
Food is available Friday-Monday.
The Bentway is located under the Gardiner Expressway right by Fort York Visitor Centre (250 Fort York Blvd.) between Strachan Ave. and Bathurst St. The Bentway Skate Trail is located just east of The Fort Visitor Centre.
Reach us via TTC:
– 511 Bathurst (at Fort York Blvd)
– 509 Harbourfront (at Fleet St.)
– 121 Fort York-Esplanade at Gzowski Blvd (westbound) or Bastion St (eastbound)
Paid Parking Available:
– 800 Fleet St.
RULES OF CONDUCT
All visitors to the Bentway Skate Trail are asked to please abide by the following rules of conduct:
- Always obey the Ice Guards and other staff. Leave the ice surface or any other adjacent area when asked to do so by staff.
- The Trail is unidirectional; please always skate in the designated direction.
- We prefer that skaters use sharpened single blade skates on the ice. Ice Guards and other skate trail staff will allow skaters using speed skates or children’s bob skates provided their activity does not spoil the enjoyment of other users. We may ask them to leave the ice and/or return at another less busy time.
- It is highly recommended that all skaters, especially those age 6 and under, wear a helmet approved by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) while on the ice. Please note that bike helmets are not CSA-approved for use on ice surfaces.
- Children age 10 and under must be actively supervised by a responsible person aged 16 or older.
- The Skate Trail may only be accessed during approved operating times.
- No skating is allowed while the ice resurfacing machine is in operation, or when staff have identified unsuitable conditions.
- The following items and behaviours are not permitted on the Skate Trail:
- Food and drink
- Hockey sticks or any other sticks
- Sleds, toboggans, strollers, chairs, or unapproved skating aids
- Rough play, racing, multi-player games, loitering or obstruction of skaters, offensive language, excessive noise or abusive behaviour
- Report all accidents, injuries, and misconduct to staff immediately.
Any person not complying with these Rink Rules will be asked to leave, and may be banned from the ice. Other Rules and Guidelines may apply during special events and workshops.
Thank you for skating safely! Have fun.
The ice surface maximum skating capacity is 160 participants.
Please note that participation in The Bentway’s Skate Trail programming and activities involves certain risks. For example, as an outdoor rink the Skate Trail’s ice surface may be snowy or uneven and the site surrounding the Trail may be snowy, icy or uneven, despite best efforts to maintain the Trail and the surrounding site. Site conditions may also change quickly due to weather conditions or use by the public.
It is recommended that attendees remain attentive to site conditions in order to reduce the risk of injuries and/or damage to property.
Anyone taking part in The Bentway’s Skate Trail programming and/or activities freely accepts and assumes all risks as well as waives any and all claims against The Bentway Conservancy, on their own behalf as well as on behalf of any person for whom they are responsible in law, from any loss, damage or injury caused by his/her participation in any Skate Trail programming and/or activity.
Thank you for skating safely! Have fun.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact us at email@example.com or via social media (@thebentway) on FB, Twitter or Instagram.